Sexual Harassment: Should it be
Punishable or Not?
Hello, everyone! I'm going to share my opinion about the article I’ve read in the book (please, read it below).
My first task was to answer the following questions:
1.
How far do you
agree with Brigitte Janin about the photos? Why?
2.
Do you think that
a woman who dressed seductively should be prepared for unwanted sexual
advances? give an example of 'seductive dress '.
3.
Can men be
sexually harassed by women?
4.
Have you ever been
in a difficult situation all these calling at work or college?
Well, sexual harassment may occur in a variety
of circumstances. It’s become illegal in the most countries of the world. I
completely agree with Brigitte Janin about the suggestive photos that used to
be on the walls in the company office which she
joined. «It was done just to provoke women, » Janin said. The pictures of a
similar nature are a form of sexual harassment. It can’t be demonstrate to
society where people of different sexes are co-workers or where the people have
a relationship like boss and subordinate. It
is absurd.
I think we live in the world where the human’s mind has a power over the passionate desires and attractions to another person. It means that people should observe obedience to the law and respect the rights of the another gender. But many judges blame a woman’s way of dressing. They say it’s the main reason of sexual harassment is too seductive woman’s clothing.
A woman who dresses seductively shouldn’t be fallen under sexual harassment. I suppose every company should establish their own rules of acceptable style: for example, it can’t be a blouse with a «frank» cut, or short skirt, or too bright makeup. And usually woman can't go to court. She's just after she's complained about her boss. I find it as direct humiliating of the weaker sex, and, of course, it must be punishable.
According
o statistics that I’ve found on Wikipedia «79%
of victims are women, 21% are men». It’s not very often, but it happens sometimes: men can also be sexually
harassed by women. So, the victim and perpetrator can be any gender.
The second task was to complete the
sentenses with the correct preposition.
1. There
are lawyers who specialize in special harassment cases.
2. Trying
to sue for sexual harassment is a waste of time.
3. If you
complain, you just get laughed at.
4. If you
flirt with the men in the office, you’re asking
for trouble.
5. Complaining about the sexual
advances of your boss takes a lot of courage.
6. You
can pay compliments to a female colleague but there is a fine line between being friendly and being
overfamiliar.
I hope you've managed to get some
pleasant information for yourselves. Have a nice day!



Комментарии
Отправить комментарий