Task №1.
1) From this article I'd like to know about some new possible ways of saving the disappearing animals or the animals which became the victims of people's violence.
2) I've already known there are a lot of humane and kind people on our planet who devote their lives to protecting the existence of their "younger brothers". And I'm always admired and inspired by such helpful and important actions whether it is somebody's core of life or only a simple hobby.
3) As for me, all the information in the article is clear enough, and I've got a real pleasure after reading it.
Dear All, I've read a very touching article in The Guardian and I'd like to share it with you. The
article “‘It’s very easy
to save a species’: how Carl Jones rescued more endangered animals than anyone
else” written by Patrick Barkham is
devoted to the discussion of the problem of disappearing some animal’s species.
He narrows us about the 64-year-old biologist, Carl Jones, whose methods of
saving species on small islands are debatable by the government of his country.
First, the author draws our attention to
some relevant facts of Carl’s biography and his first steps in the
environmental protecting. When Carl arrived on the island being a young man his
employers, the charity BirdLife International, advised him to abandon kestrel-saving
in favor of Mauritius government officials, that meant just closing the Carl’s project down, because the Mauritians
didn’t have the resources for its realizing. Then, the author analyses
the contribution that Jones has made, giving an example: “Since preserved many plant species and nine animals, including four
other bird species that numbered fewer than 12 known wild individuals: the pink
pigeon, the echo parakeet, the Rodrigues fody and the Rodrigues warbler”. He also emphasizes that the human need
to live in close touch with other species as Carl it does. Carl lives at the remote Welsh farmhouse (look at the pictire on the right) he shares with his partner,
his two young children, about 6,000 books, a black-chested buzzard-eagle called
Igle and countless skulls, remains and taxidermied animals he has encountered
around the world. “You’ve got to live with your specimens, your animals. They’ve
got to be part of your life,” - Jones says. Further, small
islands could be perfect laboratories for larger carnivores and they (laboratories)
would revive British wildlife. The author concludes that it is difficult to
preserve engaged species in Britain, but if it is in your way, you’ll do your
best for keeping them alive.



You have chosen a really interesting article for the discussion and summarised it very well. It's clear what the main points are and what the author focuses on. I liked as well that you started your post by explaining what you thought you'd learn from it and how it is presented. Isn't Carl Jones a remarkable person? It'd be great if there were more people like him, woudn't it?
ОтветитьУдалитьThings to note:
*I'm always admired: it means other people like you; what you meant to say was that such stories inspire you